Monday 9 January 2012

Just like you used to be

Today Chris (wife) said to me "you are just like you use to be". I was a bit puzzled by this statement. She said yesterday was like old times with you doing stuff around the house and me helping, holding things etc. I guess she was right I hadn't done a lot of stuff around the house in the last few years. When I wasn't working I would be too tired to do things.

What triggered this conversation was me adding an ethernet connection to our shed today,   I have been planning it for ages and this morning decided it was time to get it done. I wanted it to be working before we started the despatch season. Having a computer in the packing area connected to our network would be a great time saver for us all.

The shed is about a hundred metres from the house so it is at the limit of the run for ethernet. By lunch I had a 50 metre trench dug, the rest didn't need to be buried. Late that evening the connection was made, a bit slower than normal but better than none.

Dr KK when discussing the drugs she wanted to prescribe for treatment of the symptons I have for Parkinsons Disease went over the side effects of them.  She was very thorough and did it three times making sure I was completely aware of what could happen. The dopamine agonist drugs can cause all sorts of compulsive behaviours. Happily mine seem to be fairly mild. She also warned Chris that the extra energy I may have could be difficult to live with especially if it impacts on others in the family. Many people have become obsessive do it yourself  hobbyist. I had been planning this stuff for ages, I don't think I have gone that far, more the difference is I have more energy and a feeling of "wellness".

Generally overcast with the odd sunny break max 22 C min 10 C rainfall 7.8 mm. We mainly did shed work, cleaning bulbs and tidying up plus the boys helped pull the cable through the tubing at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment